Thursday 22 September 2011

Project 2 begins to grow...

Last week's lecture was thought-provoking. I see an adaptable solution as the best way to approach my re-invention of Australian identity and empower indigenous culture.



Discussion with my tutor, Davor, also is helping me see that I don't have to focus on a physical entity. Architecture can be purely an experience.

Developing our group idea that all our individual ideas stem from is starting to take shape.
The idea of data current being transferred through water is a technology that will more than likely be available in the future.
With natural and man made water infrastructure already existing, using the piping and waterways to reach all rural and urban Australians.



Something foldable; movable; adaptable is an old and new idea. The indigenous people would move to minimise their own impact upon the land. Although the meeting places remained relatively the same. Therefore a combination of these two principles would be ideal.


Meeting places were often near available bodies of water, which will also assist the overall theme of our group, Distribution of data by water current.
My final thought comes from the four issues identified in Project 1 as seen in my previous post and the image above. Indigenous Representation, Multiculturalism, Political Power and Security. This has formed the idea in my head of the Dreamtime network. I will follow this train of thought further.

No comments:

Post a Comment